Joshua Gatcomb wrote:

All negativity aside, there are a great deal of valuable points made in the
thread
which make it worth reading.  While it has lost a bit of momentum - it is
still
being updated with new posts almost daily.

Excellent. Thanks for the pointer, Joshua. Definitely some good ideas mixed in there.

Hmmm... high on my wishlist: sandboxing for non-concurrent code running inside concurrent code.

Oh, the Io language, which I've been interested in lately, also makes use of the concept of "futures" for concurrency. It's got a degree of appeal to it.

Allison