From: Allison Randal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 22:52:03 -0800

   Bob Rogers wrote:
   > You want a patch that just gets rid of Error_Handler?  This might be
   > messier without the other changes . . .

   Not urgent. It may turn out that the experiment is really only useful
   with this solution.

In the event, I think that is true.  Folding the Error_Handler hackery
into Continuation could be done in either of two ways, but the general
way would involve inventing a whole new mechanism for C code (i.e. the
error signaller) to return results via a continuation, while the simple
way just moves the hackery into a different place without much gain.

   And it may be that Error_Handler is useful even if it is not that
different from Continuation.  If the continuation object was passed to
an action when unwinding, testing the class of the object could be much
more informative than the current practice of passing a simple boolean.
So perhaps Error_Handler is worth keeping, at least for now.  (Though
maybe ExitContinuation would be a more general name for it.)

                                        -- Bob