Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

We might want to resurrect the 'compile' opcode as an indirect syntax for making the 'compile' method call.

Maybe, but I can't see that this is worthy of a special opcode
(and presumably a vtable slot?).  There's just not a lot of
difference between:

    $P0 = compile mycompiler, code        # compile opcode
    $P0 = mycompiler.'compile'(code)      # Parrot convention

The main reason is to have a consistent interface that can be used to compile code whether that code is PASM, PIR, or one of the HLLs. But, a lot depends on how the Compiler PDD develops. It seems likely that the best solution will be to have the PASM and PIR compilers act like standard compiler objects.

Allison