On Thursday 30 November 2006 20:25, Andy Bach wrote:

> James Keenan via RT wrote:

> > On Sat Nov 11 10:17:33 2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >> perl Configure.pl --without-gmp --cc=gcc --ccflags='-fno-common -pipe
> >> -I/usr/local/include -pipe -fno-common'
> >>
> >> Then chromatic suggested manually editing the Makefile to delete '-
> >> bundle' from the following line.
> >> LD_LOAD_FLAGS   = -bundle -undefined suppress
>
> It appears (from google) that "-bundle" is a MacOS specific option to
> their version of gcc's c++ (also Intel's MacOS c++) but, I'm guessing,
> your version of c++, which is then treating the -bundle as -b undle or
> somesuch.  So, perhaps the MacOS guessing code needs to poke a tad
> harder at the versions of gcc/c++ its getting its hands on.

What's weirder to me is that Configure.pl picks up g++ as the linker while
using cc as the compiler.  I couldn't figure that out at the hackathon;
something's definitely weird there.

I think we opened a ticket asking for an override to specify "Link with gcc
instead of g++", but I don't know the status of that.

-- c