HaloO,

Smylers wrote:
That depends on exactly what you mean by "we" and "need".

Well, with "we" I meant the Perl 6 language list and "need"
is driven by the observation that we can't agree on a single
definition, so picking your personal favorite should be
possible.

By all means have them available as modules.

That is perfectly fine. We should have / return a Num, div return
an Int and % as the Num modulus. This somewhat leaves mod undefined.
How could we fill-in that gap with a useful case? Perhaps we sneak in
euclidean remainder? But that would not fit the F-definition div. So
we might have the pairs fdiv and % and div and mod in core and the rest
in a module. Hmm, or we drop % or use it for something else. The
simplest solution is to have mod as alias for %. Note that F-definition
and E-definition agree for a divisor greater than zero.

My list was sorted in decreasing order of importance with the
F-definition beating the E-definition in popularity. So all I want is

   use Math::DivMod:euclid;

to get the E-definition and a

  use Math::DivMod;

to get them all. The F-definition beeing the default when no import is
done. A sane definition of div and % is important. A spec that leaves
it up to the implementation to pick whatever is convenient is bad in
my eyes.

Regards, TSa.