On Sun, 2007-02-25 at 14:16 -0800, chromatic wrote:
> On Sunday 25 February 2007 13:57, Geoffrey Broadwell wrote:
>
> > I'm not trying to say that the implementors should rush either, nor am I
> > complaining about current status; I grok the dynamics of volunteer code.
> > I merely disagree with the "spec is all-important" crowd.  I personally
> > have a preference for "rough consensus and working code", and I wanted
> > to make sure that viewpoint wasn't lost.
>
> Me too.  I also want to point out that we're not nearly at the point where
> adding more developers--for as much or as little as they want to
> contribute--will slow things down.

Hmmm.  Let's see if there is a way I can help to get what I want ....

Assuming that the answer to my question in the other thread is "packed
arrays aren't implemented anywhere yet", are any implementations close
enough that I can trade tests for implementation?  Given my programming
style, creating a big pile of tests all at once won't really work (I'll
just end up creating a bunch of bad tests).  But I could probably loop
over "add a couple tests, implement piece of feature, add a couple more
tests, implement another piece, ..." with someone.

It wouldn't be a particularly *fast* iteration, but at least there would
be some movement ....

-'f