Luke Palmer schrieb:
> That is not what it means in Python.

You trapped me. :) Actually I don't know any python but I've once read a
for/else construct in python. But obviously it doesn't dwIm.

>From the Python Reference Manual:

  When the items are exhausted (which is immediately when the sequence
  is empty), the suite in the else clause, if present, is executed,
  and the loop terminates.

> I'm not sure about either interpretation, but admittedly Python's is
> harder to emulate clearly.

I'd like the For::Else behaviour more. Especially as I remember numerous
times writing an if clause to check if a list is empty before processing it.

I don't remember many cases where I wrote something like this:

  my $found;
  foreach my $item (@items) {
    if ($item = 'foobar') {
      $found = 1;
      last;
    }
  }
  unless ($found) {
    ..
  }

To make it more clear, I could imagine (a subset of) this:

  for @items -> $item {
    say $item;
    if $item == 42 {
      say "I've found the Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything!";
      last;
    }
  } start {
    say "Mh, I'll look for 42!"
  } end {
    say "The end has been reached. 42 not found."
  } empty {
    say "No items."
  }

--