On Apr 6, 2007, at 12:31 PM, Jonathan Worthington wrote:

Hi,

I'm adding the new vtable entries required for PDD15. A few questions.

1) become_parent we agreed should go. It appears to be completely unused anywhere in the repository (languages included). Should we take that as evidence enough to just kill it, or go for a standard deprecation cycle?

Standard cycle, which means it'll be gone in 11 days or so.

2) I think we agreed that the subclass vtable method should go too, but the current ParrotClass and ParrotObject use it, so we can't deprecate that until we deprecate those. Note that it is only impelmented in default.pmc.

3) I just discovered we also have:

PMC* new_singleton()
PMC* get_anonymous_subclass()

I marked them unspecified. Neither of them are implemented by any PMCs in the repository - not even default. Should they go?

4) We have:
PMC* get_attr(INTVAL idx)
void set_attr(INTVAL idx, PMC* value) :write
I guess, like subclass, these are things we plan to deprecate along with ParrotClass and ParrotObject once folks are all using the PDD 15 implementation, since attribute lookup is by name now? Or do we leave them for other languages that might want integer indexed attribute lookup, but just not implement them in our own class system?

Thanks,

Jonathan

--
Will "Coke" Coleda