On 4/18/07, Allison Randal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yes, that's how they're implemented now. Currently, in order to use the
common feature of overriding the vtable entry without polluting the
namespace you have to specify ":vtable :method :anon". Which is huge
progress over what we had before (you used to override a vtable by
creating a .sub prefixed with "__").

That's exactly what this patch fixes - it changes ":vtable :method :anon" to
":vtable :anon".

I'm talking about how they will be implemented for PDD15. Methods and
vtables will be stored separately, because it will be quite common to
have vtable entries with no corresponding method, and methods with no
corresponding vtable entry. The interface is intended to reflect the
same fact.

Now I see what this interface is intended to accomplish; I was unaware PDD15
was going to be implemented this way.  I still don't like it, for the same
reasons as before, but there's nothing I can do about it, so I'll be happy
to help implement it.  I want to get back to coding now.

In the future, please keep in mind that I don't comment on anything unless I
understand it.  You've tried to explain things to me in several tickets that
I already fully understand.  I am especially surprised you would try to
explain the current implementation of vtable overriding to me, since I
implemented a lot of it.  Thanks.

--
Alek Storm