Allison Randal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
For classes, the 'add_method' method takes a named parameter to say
whether it's a vtable function. And, vtable functions aren't stored in
the namespace at all anymore, but in a data structure inside the class,
so you wouldn't have 'root' and 'hll' variants. I can see potentially
see adding an 'add_vtable' vtable function, parallel to add_method,
add_attribute, etc.

After the recent decoupling of vtable functions from methods (with the
addition of the :vtable pragma), why would you want to re-couple them?
I see the two as distinct features, each with their own uses.
Sometimes there's shared behavior, but there ought to be the ability
to have them behave differently.

What's the use case for modifying a low-level PMC's vtable entries at
runtime? Or, are you only talking about overriding vtable functions in a
class?

The latter. It seems like there should be a way to override them
without using eval -- particularly since there's nothing preventing it
technically.

--
Matt Diephouse
http://matt.diephouse.com