All:
I build parrot on Cygwin circa 5x a week.  Anytime it fails to build, I
perform the following:

1.  make realclean
2.  svn up
3.  perl Configure.pl
4.  PATH=/home/me/parrot/blib/lib:/bin
5.  make

In the very few instances it still fails, I isolate the build that it
started failing and report on #parrot and it is usually fixed within a day
or two.  A couple of things to point out.

1.  The absolute path to blib/lib is necessary.
2.  I remove everything else from the PATH but bin because exposing the path
to MinGW and/or AS Perl has been known to cause bad things to happen in the
past.  Just /bin is probably a bit paranoid but that doesn't mean that the
gremlins aren't out to get me.

Cheers,
Joshua Gatcomb
a.k.a. Limbic~Region