On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 06:30:44PM -0700, chromatic wrote:
> In theory, this patch should apply and run cleanly.  It doesn't.
>
> Thus, something somewhere pokes into memory it shouldn't.
>
> Any ideas?  Alternately, any comments on this analysis?

I also get segfaults after applying this patch.

However, if I change the patch such that the "size_t sentinel;"
line goes at the end of the struct PMC instead of the beginning,
then everything appears to compile and run.

In fact, if "size_t sentinel;" is placed as the second or third
line in the struct (i.e., after "pobj_t obj;" or "VTABLE *vtable;")
then things still appear to compile and run.  It's only when the
sentinel is given as the first line that I get errors.

So, I'm guessing there's some code somewhere that assumes that
"obj" is always the first component of PMC.

Pm