* Damian Conway ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [070711 11:12]:
> Just a brief note to reassure Mark--and everyone else who's interested--
> that I'm not ignoring his post...I'm just fully occupied at the moment
> with other (paying) work. In the meantime I'm thinking very carefully
> about what Mark suggested. I'll reply properly as soon as I am able.

I am glad to hear that you are still alive and kicking, and that my
suggestions are not simply ignored.  But when I read this in the
"Perl 6 Design Minutes for 11 July 2007" on use.perl.org, I sincerely
hope that the summerizor is wrong:

 . in the last week, the main people who are not happy with what I've
   done have put out a document indicated what they'd like. I'm digesting
   that and I'm going to try to explain how it can be made to fit in
   with what we already have. I'm in the process of stealing as much as
   I can to result in a better whole

Both part1 and part2 of my story prove that the only thing you do NOT
need to standardize in some documentation system is the markup language
(like S26); you need to standardize the semantics.  Merging two totally
disjunct approaches: this will probably produce the worst of both,
and makes no-one happy. (*)  Sorry.
--
Regards,
               MarkOv

(*) that said by a Dutchman, from a culture which is renowned to
    discuss the middle way as solution for all conflicts.
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]