On Sun Jul 15 06:05:31 2007, coke wrote:

> Doesn't apply cleanly on Revision: 19887

So what are we to do when patches created with 'svn diff' can't be
processed properly by 'patch'?

I created the patch by creating a branch as a fresh checkout from trunk,
doing 'svn mkdir' for the one new directory I needed, then copying the
files to this branch from my sandbox.  I then called 'svn diff' to
create the patch.  So this branch, newmanifest, at this point differs
from trunk only in the files mentioned in the patch.

I refactored a lot of code out of tools/dev/mk_manifest_and_skip.pl into
lib/Parrot/Manifest.pm.  That's what was needed to achieve the goal you
set out in this ticket.  If 'patch' can't handle that, is that my
problem or patch's problem?  How do we proceed in this circumstance
where our tool is not up to the demands we make on it?

kid51