# New Ticket Created by  James Keenan
# Please include the string:  [perl #44269]

Until a few weeks ago, when the weekly Parrot Bug Summary popped up
in my newsreader on Monday mornings, I'd see something like this in
the top half of the email:

New Issues

New issues that have not been responded to yet

1 - 2 weeks old
42536 build error on Linux 2.6.9-023stab041.3-smp
42533 [TODO] do not check PIR coda for languages/dotnet/src/builtins.pir
42508 [CAGE] cleanup pmc null tests
2 - 3 weeks old
42385 [TODO] imcc - remove global variable: cur_namespace
42384 [TODO] imcc - check that all the .file text is malloced / freed
42383 [TODO] imcc - if frame->s.file was allocated free it

But in the last two weeks, all I see is this:

New Issues

New issues that have not been responded to yet

1 - 2 weeks old
2 - 3 weeks old
3 - 4 weeks old
20 - 21 weeks old

I.e., no actual listing of tickets needing attention.  I don't know
whether this is because the formula for generating the Summary has
changed or because someone (Coke, I think) has gotten very diligent
about converting each New ticket to Open within just a few days of
its appearance.  In either case, it means that this particular
posting to the list no longer has as much meaningful content.  (The
same is true for the link included at the top of each weekly Summary
message:  http://rt.perl.org/rt3/NoAuth/parrot/Overview.html

Assuming that quickly converting all New tickets to Open is a Good
Thing, how can we make this posting as informative as it used to be?

kid51