Andy (and anybody else who's following this ticket),

Can you please copy the 4 files attached to a sandbox for trunk and run
them (e.g., perl Configure.pl --test=configure)?

In my first attempt to write tests for Andy Lester's option_or_data()
function I figured it would be best to work with the same option he was
using that method for:  'cc'.  But, as Andy Dougherty has demonstrated,
that runs into complications with a package like
config/init/hints/solaris.pm which has callbacks.

But for testing purposes we can use *any* Parrot command-line option
which has the same name as a key in the Parrot::Configure object's {c}
structure.  So in revamping the tests I figured I'd test an option which
is determined much earlier in the configuration process and is much
simpler:  --bindir.

Please let me know if these tests pass on all OSes.  Thank you very much.

kid51