On 05/09/07, Bernhard Schmalhofer via RT
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Do. 26. Okt. 2006, 03:32:14, ptc wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This file is actually a hack of the C<check_returns> sub in
> > C<tools/dev/check_source_standards.pl> and checks that return
> > statements look like C<return foo;> rather than C<return (foo);>.
> > This isn't a firm standard like many of the other coding standards
> > tests as it will return a false positive on statements like:
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> could you check whether the tests of returns.t are already covered
> by t/codingstd/c_parens.t ?
>
> If so we could close the ticket, otherwise I would add that testfile.

Bernhard,

No, the returns.t test isn't already covered by c_parens.t.  I'd
submitted the test ages ago, and it's a ticket I own, but I've been
somewhat retticent to add the test as it gives so many false
positives.  We can add it, and close the ticket (and maybe the ticket
with regards to check_source_standards.pl) but there's some work to do
to remove all the false positives before we can make this a
"production" test.

Thanks for pinging me about this ticket!  :-)  It might make me look
at some of my other tickets as well ;-)

Paul