Andy Lester wrote:
We decided to remove FUNCDOC in May soon after it appeared. At the time it only appeared in a couple of files, so I was surprised to it now scattered over a couple of dozen files.

Who is "we"?  I was entirely unaware of it.  I've yanked POD on every
file that I've headerized, which is all of them.

These are the googlable references I found:

<http://www.parrotcode.org/misc/parrotsketch-logs/irclog.parrotsketch-200705/irclog.parrotsketch.20070501>

and:

<http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg35922.html>

Anyway, that's the past and not as important as the future.

Back to DRY again, the biggest objection to using Pod is creating an exact duplicate of the function signature in the Pod.

More than anything, I want boilerplate gone.
  =item C<foo>

is boilerplate.  At the VERY least, remove the C<>.

The C<> is just standard Pod formatting for marking off code from plain text, so you can tell the difference between, say, a plain item named "list" and a function named 'list'.

What I would like to see is something like:

  =item C<foo> (C, PASM, PIR)

Saying where the routine can be called from, and then code examples of each context.

Allison