If I've got this right:

mangle $foo :a;    # mangle($foo, a => 1);
mangle $foo: a;    # $foo.mangle(a());

So these --

mangle $foo:a;
mangle $foo : a;

are ambiguous and, as far as I can tell from the synopses, undefined.  So
what's the rule: that indirect-object colon needs whitespace after but not
before, and adverbial colon needs whitespace before but not after?

The reason I ask is that I'm knocking up an intro to Perl 6 for C and C++
programmers.  I expect some of Perl 6's whitespace rules to trip up people
used to C++ (as they have me, in my clumsy attempts with Pugs), and I'd
like to summarise all the whitespace dwimmery in one place.

Many thanks,

Markus