Hi,

After a while away I'm starting to get back into Parrot. I've been reading
PDD17 and like what I'm seeing - nice work. :-) I'm trying to get it and
the current state of its implementation into my head, so I can help out
with it. It appears there is much left to implement!

I've got a couple of questions (or requests for clarification) so far.

1) Looking at the definition of role composition, it looks a little
different to what I had expected.

"Composed vtable functions, methods, and attributes are not permitted to
have the same name as corresponding features defined in the composing PMC.
This is called a conflict, and must be explicitly resolved in the
composing PMC."

a) I guess this should mention that if two roles have a
[vtable|method|attribute] of the same name then that is a conflict that
needs to be resolved too?

b) What should the syntax and semantics for the resolution mechanism be?

Is anyone working on the proles stuff yet? Maybe that's something I can
dig in to.

2) In the defining attributes section it is written:

"The declaration is also used to generate accessor macros for the class,
in the form of GET_ATTR_<attrname> and SET_ATTR_<attrname>"

However, in the PMCs and high level objects section it says:

"It will also override the GET_ATTR_attrname and SET_ATTR_attrname
functions to point to the PDD 15 attributes (with automatic boxing and
unboxing for the PMC values) rather than to members of a C struct."

They can't simultaneously be macros and functions. :-) I guess they will
have to be functions, hung off somewhere so we can change the over to the
version that gets at the PDD15 attribute? Where is that somewhere?

If there's anything I should specifically work on that is blocking folks,
please let me know. I can't promise I'll get to everything in a hurry, but
I should have time to actually do some Parrot stuff again now.

Thanks,

Jonathan