Darren Duncan wrote:
> At 4:02 PM +0000 11/17/07, Wim Vanderbauwhede wrote:
>> I have patched Pugs for compilation with GHC 6.8.1. However, the changes
>> break the 6.6.1 build (a.o. because of the change in the bytestring
>> API and
>> the way wobbly types are handled).

is it possible to look into the fixer patch? TIA.

>> So do we stick with 6.6.1 or upgrade to 6.8.1?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Wim
>
> I think the only reason not to break 6.6.1 is if there are any major
> platforms that 6.6.1 runs on and 6.8.1 doesn't.  Or alternately, only
> break if it isn't easy enough to work around their differences with
> conditionals. -- Darren Duncan

may be it is possible to include just offending copyCString and
copyCStringLen into the module?

sorry, my understanding of GHC is limited, but I also stuck on this
problem. (moreover, I tried to build 6.6.1 with existing 6.8.1, but this
is not also possible, due to lack of GHC compatibility even on this level)

Unfortunately, GHC is moving target, and, IMO, only Perl people really
support backward compatibility.

Also, I would suggest to use ML instead of IRC, because IRC is too
online game for may people to play.

With many respect,
Vadim.