On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 11:22:30AM -0800, James Fuller wrote:
> # New Ticket Created by  "James Fuller"
>

> after building parrot (and doing a make realclean to ensure all is
> well) having a problem running parrot with perl6.
>
> building latest trunk if parrot on Mac OSX 10.4.9
>
> when I run with perl6
>
> >parrot perl6.pbc
>
> "load_bytecode" couldn't find file 'Protoobject.pbc'
> current instr.: 'parrot;PGE::Match;__onload' pc 0
> (compilers/pge/PGE/Match.pir:14)
> called from Sub 'parrot;Perl6::Compiler;__onload' pc 0 (perl6.pir:30)
> called from Sub 'parrot;Perl6::Compiler;main' pc -1 ((unknown file):-1)
>
> build does not seem to be making Protoobject.pbc

Very strange.  Out of curiosity, is there perhaps another
installation of Parrot on the system (perhaps from a previous
'make install')?  This sounds suspiciously like the parrot command
is an old version looking in the wrong place.

Also, perhaps you could try using an explicit path for parrot,
just to make sure we really are running the right one.  For example:

    ../../parrot perl6.pbc

If neither of those help, could you see if there's a Protoobject.pir
and Protoobject.pbc in the runtime/parrot/library/ directory?

Thanks!

Pm