cdumont wrote:

> By listening to you all, we shouldn't even think to implement file access...

I think I'd argue that most file-access features should indeed be
considered "non-core". This doesn't mean that we shouldn't think to
implement them -- or that they wouldn't be part of almost every Perl-6
distro -- just that they are modules.

Obviously the ability to use/require a module is needed: so file access
to load modules is needed. But a function like "open" -- or classes such
as "FileHandle", or "IO::*" -- should most definitely be considered as
non-core, and implemented in modules.

(Whether these modules should be automatigically available without a
"use feature 'files';" statement is a different debate).

Dave.