chromatic wrote:

It doesn't *always* work. For example, I think CONST_STRING() doesn't work in PCCMETHODs in PMCs for some reason I can't explain, and it doesn't work in other source files.

If you want to use CONST_STRING in other source files, you need to #include the corresponding .str file in the source code, since the CONST_STRING macro and the constant strings are defined in the .str file. See src/objects.c and src/objects.str for an example.

I haven't tested whether this works for regular functions declared in .pmc files yet (the other place the problem occurs most frequently).

Allison