Hi all,

It's fallen to me to do the release this month, and I'm lucky enough to get to do the one that falls on Perl's birthday. The rest of the world is unlucky enough that, unless I recieve a better suggestion, I'm considering naming the release "Happy Birdday", which is about the worst pun I've dreamt up in, oh, a few hours.

Onto more serious requests. If you've Done Stuff since the last release, please put a note about it in the NEWS file. Updates to PLATFORMS are also encouraged and, of course, I'm happy to take and apply them in patch form from anyone without a commit bit.

From now, please try and avoid checking anything in that has a high probability of breaking stuff; the releases are all that some people see of Parrot, so it's good if they can be reasonably stable and working.

Thanks for your help in making the next release happen!

Take care,

Jonathan