On Saturday 29 December 2007 01:29:46 Allison Randal wrote:

> > * convert perl6.pbc into a C executable

> Possible, but ultimately too constraining. There are significant
> advantages to having the full Parrot runtime environment available.

Don't reject this out of hand.  The C executables generated from pbc2c link
against libparrot, so they have the full Parrot runtime environment
available.  Basically, this code replaces src/main.c with src/perl6pbc.c and
a few lines that create a new Parrot interpreter and give it the Perl 6
compiler's bytecode.

I hope to check in a small demo later today.

-- c