--- chromatic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The problem is -o -o in the two lines of the pbc_to_exe rule in the
> Makefile,
> and I suspect that that's because you're linking against libparrot.a
> not
> libparrot.so.  (Parrot::Embed failed for Tim Bunce for similar
> reasons.)
>
> I don't know the particular Makefile/compiler magic to get the right
> flags
> passed to the program; someone who understands linking on Darwin
> better than
> I will have to figure out what it needs.
>
> Getting rid of both -o flags should help though.

I manually edited the Makefile to get rid of both -o flags and I got
the same error.  I did a 'make realclean', rebuilt, and then manually
edited the Makefile to get rid of just one of those and it still failed
with the same error.  I don't know Makefiles very well, so I suppose my
cargo-culting around didn't help.

Cheers,
Ovid

--