On Jan 2, 2008 3:51 PM, chromatic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 January 2008 08:39:51 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Modified:
> >    trunk/languages/perl6/   (props changed)
> >    trunk/languages/perl6/config/makefiles/root.in
> >
> > Log:
> > [perl6]
> > - add suffixe .exe on Win32
>
> I'm not sure about this change.  None of our other Makefile targets have file
> extensions, and if this stays, we have to say "run make perl6 if you're on a
> Unixy platform and make perl6.exe if you're not".

that's how the $(PARROT) target works in root.in, also $(PBC_MERGE),
etc. earlier up in the template you'll see PARROT =
$(CUR_DIR)/@[EMAIL PROTECTED](EXE). i can't say i love it, but that *is* how
it works, so this patch makes that match up.

i modified the help message in parrot to be more clear about the make
target names:
    @echo "Following targets are available for the user:"
    @echo "  $(PBC_TO_EXE):"
    @echo "                     Generate C, compile and link bytecode files"

so, yeah, it's a different target on different OSes, but it's
consistent with current usage elsewhere. i'd say this utility belongs
under either the 'all' or the 'world' target anyway, so it's built by
default, or when other utilities are requested (make world).

~jerry