On Di. 15. Jan. 2008, 09:04:47, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Line 366 was:
> <<<<<<< .mine
>    use 5.008_000;
>    use strict;
>    use warnings;
>    use lib 'lib';
>
> just after here.  So I deleted Configure.pl reran the svn fetch
(showed no
> files transfered) and the new Configure.pl worked fine.
>
> Did I catch a partially implemented svn update?

Yes, it looks like there was a merge conflict.

Probably you made local changes to Configure.pl.
In the meantime the Configure.pl in the SVN repository was changed as
well. When updating 'svn' tried to accomodate both set of changes,
that is it tried to merge the two sets of changes.
However merging was not possible and 'svn' marked the conflicts in
the merged Configure.pl. Thus comes the

line.

'svn status' would have marked Configure.pl with a 'C' for conflict.

Deleting the file and updating again was the right action.
Alternatively 'svn revert Configure.pl' should have worked as well.

Regards,
  Bernhard

--
/* [EMAIL PROTECTED] */