On Tue Jan 29 18:14:48 2008, coke wrote:

> Would it make sense to make this the default behavior to
> $conf->data->add, or perhaps add another add* variant?

The same thought occurred to me while I was eating my broccoli!  Great
minds ...

However ...

(a) To do it right, someone would have to survey all current uses of
$conf->data->add to assess the impact of a change; and

(b) That someone is not going to be me, as (i) I already have enough
Parrot projects on my plate, and (ii) I am being mandated to take
vacation days over the next two weeks.

Implication:  We need more cage-cleaners.