# New Ticket Created by  Andy Dougherty
# Please include the string:  [perl #50408]

I happened to look in $TMPDIR today.  The directory had *hundreds* of odd
files and directories.  Poking around a bit, I deduced that parrot's 'make
test' is mostly to blame.  At least some of the files were put there by

    t/configure/044-slurp_file.t

I haven't figured out what's creating the other things yet.  One
directory appears to contain a complete copy of MANIFEST.
Other directories contain lib/Parrot/Config.pm, lib/Parrot/Revision.pm,
and DEVELOPING.  Still other directories are empty, but their timestamps
match up with directories left behind by parrot.

Anyway, I lost quite a bit of time cleaning out all those files and
directories.  Parrot's test files should clean up after themselves.

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]