On Sun, 24 Feb 2008, James Keenan via RT wrote:

> This is the second oldest unresolved ticket in the Parrot RT queue.  Let
> me ask a naïve question:  We have a configuration step called auto::env
> whose description reads, "Determining if the C library has C<setenv()>
> and C<unsetenv()>."  Assuming this step does what it says, in what ways
> are the issues raised in this ticket still unresolved?

Yes, they are still unresolved.  The question is:  What do you do if the C
library does *not* have setenv() and unsetenv()?  Answer -- borrow from
perl 5.  (This is not trivial.  The relevant code is mostly in perl.c and
util.c, along with various Configure tests.  There are additional
vms-specific implementations in vms/vms.c.  It's been a long time since I
looked at any of it.  I just remember it being complicated.)

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]