On Sun Mar 16 10:17:09 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Friends,
>
> Doing cage cleaning today, I noticed that there has been no activity in
> this thread since last August.  Are the issues that were under
> discussion still "live"?  Should we still be considering the various
> patches?

The issue is still valid, but my patch from last year does not help much
to solve it.

You can reproduce the bug with the test.pir I attached last August, and
by running the following commands:

$ make pdb
$ ./pdb test.pir
(pdb) r

The issue is that pdb does not catch an exception.  Instead, the
exception crashes pdb.  Fixing pdb to catch exceptions cleanly would
make pdb significantly more useful as a debugger, I think.

Mark