On Monday 17 March 2008 22:26:01 chromatic wrote:

> Parrot_MD5_init() isn't getting called, for some reason.  That's why the
> PMC_data() of this PMC is null when initializing the MD5 library.

... and that's because the predereferencing code (parrot_PIC_prederef() in
src/pic.c) optimizes new_p_sc to new_p_ic, which according to the comment
there, needs to avoid initializing a continuation before storing it in the
appropriate register.

To do that, it never called the init() vtable entry on any PMC except the
builtins.

Now it does, and all tests pass for me as of r26460.

-- c