# New Ticket Created by  "Andrew Whitworth"
# Please include the string:  [perl #51988]

A number of small updates to file descriptor duplication functions:

1) Calling _dup() instead of the deprecated dup() in src/io/io.c, and
src/io/io_unix.c
2) Created macro PIO_DUP_FD(x) to handle duplication and typecasting
(may be overkill)
3) Used PIO_DUP_FD(x) in src/io/io.c to help alleviate warnings
4) Added a typecast from an integer to a PIOHANDLE to help alleviate a
warning about a comparison.

These fixes should quiet a number of compile warnings, and shouldn't
affect the operation of the code at all. The new macro may be overkill
since It's only used in one place, but I'm assuming that it might be
useful elsewhere. If not, we can easily remove it and substitute the
guts of it into the body of the function.

--Andrew Whitworth