HaloO,

Larry Wall wrote:
    (@a X @b X @c).elems == @a.elems * @b.elems * @c.elems

Sorry, I was aiming at defining a neutral element of the X
operator. In cartesian products of sets this is achieved
by having a set that contains as sole member the empty tuple.
So how would that be written? (()) perhaps? Or (;)? This
would have (;).elems == 1 but (;),1,2 === (1,2). And it
would be considered true in boolean context I guess. A more
explicit notation might be () but .elems = 1. For anonymous
arrays we already have [()].elems == 1, or not?

The above might be a bit subtle, though. OTOH, it could save
some surprises.

Regards, TSa.
--

The Angel of Geometry and the Devil of Algebra fight for the soul
of any mathematical being.   -- Attributed to Hermann Weyl