I've been working hard on re-organizing the S\d\d docs and other lore into a
technical
specification with an outline suitable for the contents.

But lately I've done some "original work" on what strong typing means and the
detailed
semantics of having types.

So, please take a look at section 10.4 in my document, which is my brainstorm
on the
Failure type.

Because failure is always an option, how do you preserve strong typing as the
promise of a
specific interface?  The S02 docs state that it is transformed into the correct
type, in a
sentence or two.  I expanded that and fleshed it out, and dealt with another
issue I ran
into, that of incompletely-specified types.

Please take a look.  I posted it at
http://www.dlugosz.com/files/specdoc.odt
or
http://www.dlugosz.com/files/specdoc.pdf