How about 'contingent blocks', because they are contingent on some event, without having to use the word 'event'.

Richard

TSa wrote:
HaloO,

Larry Wall wrote:
Hmm, maybe "control event blocks" and "control events", then...

I would call them flow blocks because this is where they are
called and what they influence: the flow of execution. This
nicely matches the flow charts used to describe the control
flow.

The other term I would thing is synonymous to flow is stream.
But that's already taken for event stream, data stream and
implies linearity whereas flow naturally implies branching.

The third term I come up with is context blocks. But context
in Perl 6 is something very different.

Regards, TSa.