TSa wrote:
Jonathan Worthington wrote:
Miller, Hugh wrote:
Was that private communication or on another mailing list?
It was also sent to perl6-language, through I was on the To or Cc line too, so I guess that's how I got it but the list, somehow, didn't. Not sure why the original message I replied to didn't actually make it to the list, though.

That should be $CALLER::a because $OUTER::a is the outer
lexical scope where foo is defined.
Yup, sorry, brain only half working at this time of day. :-)

And I think that this reaching out to the caller should taint foo in some way.
Sure, but from what I can see that still doesn't help us infer types at compile-time if what foo means can be modified at runtime.

Jonathan