On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, Geoffrey Broadwell wrote:

> # New Ticket Created by  Geoffrey Broadwell
>

> The attached small patch makes Configure give a sensible error message
> when a config step has no associated test files, rather than exploding
> obtusely.

> +    my $these_tests = $steps_tests{$temp[0]}{$temp[1]}
> +        or croak "No tests exist for configure step $step";

Thank you.  That's definitely an improvement.  I know I wasted a lot
of time trying to figure out what the previous failure mode meant.

Still, why croak?  Is the lack of a test really so fatal that it should be
impossible to Configure or build parrot -- even if you're just starting to
develop the configure step?

This seems to me more of the level of a coding standard warning, not a
fatal error.

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]