HaloO,

John M. Dlugosz wrote:
They are mixed! Perl treats types as first-class objects. For functions, types don't need to be treated specially from other arguments as in C++.

Looks like we need a third party ruling on that. Note that the
HOW is the meta class object and the WHAT the prototype object.
None of these *are* types. This is just like the pope is not God
but he is the prime *object* that does Catholic. And of course
it is debatable if God does Catholic ;)

OUTER::C is lexical. But it sounds like the explanation you are giving is the same.

But I find it conceptually clearer to bind a namespace ref
than calling a magic function. It sort of amounts to the same
outcome, though.

I will also have to say something about the usefulness of the
concept of virtual class. Stay tuned.

Regards, TSa.
--

"The unavoidable price of reliability is simplicity"
  -- C.A.R. Hoare