On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 11:52:44PM +0200, Moritz Lenz wrote:
>  > Conrad Schneiker wrote:
>  > > Also, please consider referring people to the Perl 6 wiki (and
>  > > any relevant subsections thereof) for more information when
>  > > writing things that may get wider attention beyond the immediate
>  > > Perl 6 community.
>  >
>  > and if you find things on http://dev.perl.org/perl6/ to be wrong or
>  > outdated, feel free to contact me, and I'll send a patch to our webmasters.
>  > I tried to update the most important parts (without being too
>  > intrusive), but it's surely not complete.
>
>  The biggest things I notice:
>
>  - The link to the Perl 6 Wiki on http://dev.perl.org/perl6/ is broken
>   (it's an xrl.us link that takes me to a totally unrelated Herald-Sun
>   page).

The xrl.us link in the main body of the page did work for me, but I
replaced it (and all the odd mouseover stuff it was doing) with the
exploded link and added the wiki to the sidebar.

>  - The sidebar links should be updated.  It might be good to update
>   the "Talks", "Who's Who", and "Status" links to point to the
>   appropriate pages on the Perl 6 wiki.

Can you give me the appropriate links for these? A quick glance at the
wiki main page only found me some tangential links.

>  - Along the same lines, it might be nice to have the "Perl 6 FAQ"
>   on the wiki instead of the static (and somewhat out of date)
>   page we have now.

I'm pretty sure we can do both with a little bit of work (have the
real data on the wiki, but scrape it for the site.) This is an issue
we face on the parrotcode site as well in terms of who can update what
when.

> Also, the Perl 6 wiki has a link to an
>   excellent (perhaps slightly out of date) FAQ at
>   http://www.programmersheaven.com/2/Perl6-FAQ .  Perhaps
>   we could arrange with Jonathan and/or Programmers Heaven
>   to get some of those items migrated to the wiki for easy
>   updating?
>
>  - The copyright date is given as 2005.  :-)

This is outside my area of commit bits. BCC'ing someone who can do
something about it.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda