Jon Lang dataweaver-at-gmail.com |Perl 6| wrote:
I suspect that at the core of John's question is the fact that nobody
has ever actually said what 'snapshot semantics' is: it's a term
that's been tossed around with the assumption that people already know
its meaning.

My own understanding of it is that "snapshot semantics" involves
looking at an immutable copy of an object (a "snapshot" of it) instead
of looking at the object itself.  That said, my understanding may be
flawed.

Yes.  How is a snapshot different from the object?