On Tue May 27 20:23:21 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Why are there four separate test files?  It makes more sense to me to
> combine
> them into a single test file; I'm not sure why there's such a
> proliferation
> of multiple test files for files being tested.

Since the usage of the program is to search for a single pattern, the
regex for the search is optimized to compile once:

            $paras[$i] =~ /^=item\sB<(\w*$pattern\w*)>\(([^)]*)\)/o

I found that if I tried to do test two different patterns in one test
file, I would only get the results of the first.  Hence, each of the
test files simulates a different situation.

Thank you very much.
kid51