On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 11:04:52AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
: This message is looking for a clarification/confirmation.
: S12:207 says:
:
: > To call an ordinary method with ordinary method-dispatch semantics,
: > use either the dot notation or indirect object notation:
: >
: >     $obj.doit(1,2,3)
: >     doit $obj: 1,2,3
: >
: > If the method was not found, it will fall back to a subroutine call
: > instead, with the invocant becoming the first positional argument.
:
: Does fall back to a subroutine occur anytime we don't have
: a method with a matching signature?  For example, if we have

Maybe it's just a temporary lack of imagination, but I'm having trouble
these days coming up with any kind of a use case for confusing single
dispatch with multiple dispatch.  Yeah, I know I wrote that, but I was
either smarter or stupider back then...

Larry