On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Andrew Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It might be worth adding a comment into parrot.h to clarify that
> PARROT_const_cast should *only* be used for c/v qualifier changes, and that
> additional casting may be necessary.

Yes, but I don't know how to write it without a long explanation of
the rationale that avoids people takes it as an invitation to add more
casts, 'just in case'. I like better to have these warnings and
carefully review each case than to hide them.

Maybe a comment that says 'Check each usage of this macro with a C++
build' will be a good trade-off.

--
Salu2