On Wed Jun 25 04:25:34 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Tue Jun 24 19:15:24 2008, tetragon wrote:
> > The switch to using $(PERLDOC) in docs/Makefile without defining
> > PERLDOC anywhere breaks my build.
>
> I'm not sure which "switch" you're referring to.  What appears to me to
> be the relevant lines in config/gen/makefiles/root.in have been
> unchanged since r 19393 (approx).

I don't see anything of relevance in config/gen/makefiles/root.in

> The attached patch resolves this by
> > adding the definition of PERLDOC to config/gen/makefiles/docs.in.
> >
> > End of run with broken Makefile:
> > herodotus:build-20080624 seneca$ make -j2
>
> Do you get the same result with just plain 'make'?

Yes (although a fair bit more parrot is built before the make terminates).
Switching to using
a plain make doesn't start defining PERLDOC in docs/Makefile.  I think the
relevant change
for me is not r19393, but rather r28687.  Before r28687, whichever perldoc was
first in the
$PATH was used, but now it is what is defined as $(PERLDOC), a value that is
not set in any of
the Makefiles