On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 11:23:03PM -0400, Bob Rogers wrote:
>    All I'm really wanting to know is what
>    PIR the compilers and tools should be emitting for these very
>    common Perl 6 constructs, and to have that PIR work in Parrot.
>
> Seriously, though, I've been wanting to learn more about Rakudo and PGE
> for a while now.  If you have some specific problems in this area that
> you'd like to point me at, that might make a good start.  (Not that I
> have much Parrot-hacking time to spare.  But you probably already know
> that.)

This is as simple as me providing some sample Perl 6 code that is
giving me trouble and then we come up with the PIR that handles it.
You've already helped with the case for this original ticket by
saying it should do a newclosure and store the result into the
namespace's symbol table.  (I'm not sure that's ultimately the right
answer for Perl 6, but we can try it and see what breaks.)

I suspect we'll have to do a similar step for methods, except
we'll have to dynamically use 'add_method' to place the method
into the class instead of storing it in the namespace.

I _think_ those are the only two cases where we have to do
something like this, and I guess they aren't too onerous.  It'll
be interesting to see how PCT gets updated to cope with these,
since it really belongs there and not strictly in Rakudo.

Pm