On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 22:50 +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
> The problem I had with the w32api libs was -lglut32. with linking
> directly to the dll /usr/bin/glut32.dll everything works fine, and I'll
> get rid of freeglut as default.

I'm not sure I understand what you meant here.

> Now I only have to find out whatÄs wrong with that importlib, then I
> send the revised patch. for now it is:

I'm fine with the patch conceptually, but some details:

> --- origsrc/parrot-0.6.4/config/auto/opengl.pm        2008-06-02
>
> -
>   =head3 MSVC
>
> -
>   =head3 MinGW

I find it easier to read raw POD with two lines of blank above headers;
please don't remove these.  :-)

> +=head3 Cygwin/w32api
>
> -=head3 cygwin
> +The Cygwin/w32api for native opengl support
>
> - XXXX: No details yet
> +F<-lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32>

These should be replaced with the actual package names you need to
install (w32api, opengl, ...?)

> +Requires a X server.

In this case, use 'an' instead of 'a'.

Also note that Coke had discussed moving this kind of optional library
requirements documentation to a separate file in docs/ -- if that is
done, then most of the POD from this file can be moved there, leaving
just a stub with a link to make the file in docs/ easy to find.

> +    # Prefer Cygwin/w32api over Cygwin/X, but use X when DISPLAY is set

How about:

# Prefer Cygwin/w32api over Cygwin/X unless DISPLAY is set

> +         cygwin      => '-lglut -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGLU -lGL'

Why not just use 'win32_gcc' here?  Otherwise, it's not clear below how
this relates to win32_gcc in the non-X case.

> +    } ) } else {

Please uncuddle that else.  :-)

Thanks for your work on this, rurban!

-'f