----- Original Message ----- From: "Christoph Otto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 6:43 PM
Subject: Re: [perl #57260] [BUG] Segfaults in sprintf opcode

Will Coleda wrote:

Once we get a core parrot test for this, we can close out the ticket. Thanks!

I tried writing a test to exercise this, but the test fails and I have no idea why. I've attached the patch for anyone who cares to add sufficient magic to
make the test pass.

The current logic in sprintf.t does not handle multiple arguments in the data. I started on something to handle a simple array, but there are other tests defined in sprintf_tests with more complicated expressions inside square brackets, so it was more work than I had time for.

We need either a full parser for the perl-style tests, or a simpler test harness that doesn't try to do the perl-specific stuff.

Regards
Peter Gibbs